Research on Dr Tahir ul Qadri
Dr.Qadri and his works have been quoted in following papers.
- A critical study of abdel haleem’s new translation of the Holy Qur’an
- The Political Thought of Tahir-ul-Qadri in its Islamic Context- Understanding the concept of Khilafa and its relevance to Modern society in light of Medieval Islamic teachings by Zofshan Taj
- Islam and conflict resolution in Afghanistan
- Islam and the bomb: religious justification for and against nuclear weapons
- PICT uplink newsletter volume 2, december 2010
- The human rights bills – divine or man-made?
- Islamic legacy of Cardiology : Inspiration from the Holy Sources by Okan Turgut.
- Islamic Impression on Gandhism Nousheen Baba Khan
- The Role Values, Social Capital and Spiritual Capital in Economic Behaviors by Dr. Syed Nisar Hussain Hamdani
- Disaster, faith and rehabilitation by Dr. Syed Nisar Hussain Hamdani
- An Islamic perspective on governance by Zafar Iqbal and Mervyn Lewis.
- An analysis of Social responsibility dimension in Islamic investment funds: Evidence from Malaysian investors by Barom and Muhammad Nizam
- Contemplating an Islamic theory of justice: Situating tradition amidst modernity by Zafar Iqbal
- Population Restructuring: The impact on poverty eradication in Malaysia and Medinah by Radieah Muhammad Noor, Sharifah Nurlaili Farhana Syed Azhar and Kamarulazizi Ibrahim
- Muslim/Arab mediation and conflict resolution by Doron Pely
- Community development and rural public libraries in Malaysia and Australia by Roziya Abu
- A comparative study of the concept of jihad as maintained by Bediuzzaman Said Nursi and Shaykh ul Islam Dr. Muhammad Tahir ul Qadri by Yusuf Abbas
- The New Politics of Islam – Pan Islamic foreign policy in a world of states by Naveed S. Sheikh
- Secularism and Islam: The Theological Predicament by Olivier Roy
- Sunnis Against Sunnis. The Politicization of Doctrinal Fractures in Pakistan
- Bridging Sufism and Islamism by Alix Philippon
- Traditional Muslim Networks Pakistan`s untapped resource in the fight against terrorism by Hedieh Mirahmadi, Mehreen Farooq, and Waleed Ziad
- Islamic law in practice: The application of Qisas and Diyat law in Pakistan by Tahir Wasti
- Talking the talk: Debating the debate in Northen Afghanistan by Magnus Marsden
- Sufism in the West by Jamal Malik and John Hinnels
- Sects Within Sect: The Case of Deobandi–Barelvi Encounter in Pakistan Ashok K. Behuria
- Transnational Sufism from below: charismatic counselling and the quest for well-being by Mikkel Rytter
- A new approach to the criminalization of terrorist financing and its compatibility with Sharia law (Published in Journal of Money Laundering Control)
- The Islamists have it wrong by Abdul Hadi Palazzi
- A critical analysis of the ideology of Dr. Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri with special reference to Islamic revivalism by Muhammad Rafiq Habib (University of Aberdeen)
- A Review of Shaykh ul‐Islam Muhammad Tahir ul‐Qadri’s recent Fatwa on Terrorism and Suicide Bombings: The contemporary importance and relevance of the fatwa for Pakistan by Kemal Argon
- Islamic Financial System A system to defeat inflation by Akmal Shahzad, Tanvir Ahmed and Dr Kashif ur Rahman
- Tahir ul Qadri`s rise and its potential impact on Pakistan`s stability by Huma Yusuf
- A review on the medina charter in response to the heterogeneous by Haza Hanurhaza MD Jani, Nor Zalina Harun, Mazlina Mansor, Ismawi Zen
- Islam and Nationalism A Theoretical Point of View (Part 2) by Sayyid Ahmed Rahnamaei
- Cyber Media cartoons controversies and the use of different journalistic strategies in countering `othering`
- Festival city as a tool for urban cities development – El Mulid case study in Egypt
- The interpretation of Qur`anic text to promote or negate the death penalty for apostates and blasphemers by Declan O` Sullivan(University of Durham)
- Human rights in Islam and the West
- The Islamic worldview, ethics and civilization Issues in contemporary interdisciplinary discourse by Abdul Kabir Hussain Solihu
- Criminal punishment and pursuit of justice in Islamic law by Abdurrahman Raden Aji haqqi
Shaykh ul Islam Dr Muhammad Tahir ul Qadri, reviver of the current era, a prolific author and researcher, a captivating and an unmatched orator and a man of manifold and staggering achievements.
Shaykh-ul-Islam was born on February 19, 1951 in the historical city of Jhang; he is the son of the great spiritualist and intellectual of his time ash-Shaykh Dr Farida’d-Din al-Qadri. He was educated from the young age in both the Islamic and secular sciences simultaneously. He earned his MA in Islamic Studies in 1972 with the University of the Punjab Gold Medal and gained his doctorate in Islamic law. His thesis was on the topic of “Classification and Philosophy of Punishments” in Islam.
Shaykh ul Islam Dr Muhammad Tahir ul Qadri took the blessings and studied the delicate and lofty principles of tariqat & tasawuf, suluk and ma`rifah (spiritualism) from the great spiritual teacher Qudwatul awlia Sayyidina Tahir Alauddin Qadri al Geylani al Baghdadi.
Shaykh ul Islam studied classical Islamic subjects such as Hadith, Tafseer (Quranic exegesis), Fiqh(Islamic Jurisprudence), tasawuuf and ma`arifah, Arabic syntax and grammar under the tutelage of his father and other eminent shuyukh who were not only considered as authorities in their relevant fields but they also had chains of transmission which connected them directly to RasulAllah(Sallalaho aleyhi wa sallam).
The complete list of ijazah and chain of transmission which Shaykh ul Islam received from his shuyukh have been compiled in two books: ’’اَلْجَوَاهِرُ الْبَاهِرَة فِي الْأَسَانِيْدِ الطَّاهِرَة‘‘ and’’اَلسُّبُلُ الْوَهبِيَّة فِي الْأَسَانِيْدِ الذَّهَبِيَّة‘‘
Shaykh ul Islam’s, shuyukh include eminent Arab and Non-Arab scholars such as as-Shaykh Hazrat Ziauddin Ahmad al Qadri al Madani, Muhaddith ul Haram al Imam Alawi bin Abbas al Maliki al Makki, Ash-Shaykh Sayyid Muhammad al Fateh bin Muhammad al Makki al Kittani, Muhaddith al Azam Allama Sardar Ahmad Qadri, Allama Sayyid Abu al Barkaat Ahmad Muhadith al Wara, Allama Sayyid Ahmed Sa`eed Qazmi Amrohi, Allama Abdul Rashid al Ridawi and Dr. Burhan Ahmed Farooqi.
Shaykh ul Islam is connected to Shaykh Yusuf bin Ismael al Nabhani through only one link of Shaykh Husayn bin Ahmed al Aseeran.Similarly Shaykh ul Islam is connected to Shaykh Haji Imdad ullah Muhajir Makki through his caliph As-shaykh al Sayyid Abdul Ma`bud Al Jelani al Madani. Shaykh ul Islam is also connected to Imam ul Hind Hazrat Shah Ahmed Raza Khan, through 3 different chains. In addition to this, Shaykh ul Islam Dr. Muhammad Tahir ul Qadri has obtained chains of transmission from shuyukh of the two Holy cities, Baghdad, Syria, Lebanon, Tripoli, Mauritania, Yemen(Hadrmaut), Morocco, Pakistan and India. Thus, the teachings of shuyukh from all over the world have merged together in Shaykh ul Islam; this fact is evident from his books and speeches.
Shaykh ul Islam taught Islamic law in the University of Punjab. He has delivered lectures on Islamic socio-politics, Islamic economic theory, Islamic spirituality and aesthetics, legal, jurisprudential and historical matters, social relations and social integration in Islam both inside Pakistan and outside as well, specifically in the United States, Canada, Britain, Scandinavia, Europe, Africa, Australia, Middle and Far eastern states.
In 2010, Shaykh ul Islam delivered a lecture on Islam and its concept of Jihad in Georgetown University and United States institute of Peace, which helped the western society, in understanding the real concept of Jihad. Furthermore, Dr.Qadri also attended the Global Peace and Unity Conference in Britain and delivered a speech on Peace and Unity. In January 2011, Shaykh ul Islam, Dr Muhammad Tahir ul Qadri represented the Islamic world in the World Economic Forum and in April 2011, he took part in the United Nations Islamic World Forum as a representative of the Islamic world.
An unrivalled orator and speaker, he has delivered over 5000 lectures (in Urdu, English and Arabic), on a wide range of subjects ( some of the subjects have over 100 lectures) which are all available on cassette, CD, DVD formats as well as online.
Shaykh ul Islam has authored almost 1000 books out of which almost 400 have been published in English, Urdu, Arabic and other languages. The unpublished works are in different stages of publication. Keeping the needs and challenges of current age and time in mind, Dr.Qadri has focused his research and work on the challenges being faced by Muslims today, his efforts have had a long lasting and revivalist impact. His efforts to spread the true and soft image of Islam by integrating all factions of the society are distinct and have contributed immensely in the betterment of the image of Islam.
In addition to finding and presenting solutions of modern day issues, he has also translated the Holy Quran in Urdu and English. His translation of the Holy Quran known as “Irfan ul Quran” is easy to understand and has the essence of the explanation and exegesis provided by the great shuyukh of the bygone era. Irfan ul Quran is unique as it reflects the literal as well as metaphorical meanings of Quran, it adheres to the rules of Arabic syntax and also to the principles of the extraction of Quranic meanings. It has also presented the philosophical, theological and scientific aspects of the verses of Holy Quran. All of these aspects make Irfan ul Quran, a comparatively comprehensive translation of Holy Quran.
Shaykh ul Islam’s contributions to the science of Hadith are immense. Shaykh ul Islam compiled 25000 hadith in a compilation known as جَامِعُ السُّنَّة فِيمَا يَحْتَاجُ إلَيْهِ آخرُ الأمَّة , the hadith have been arranged under different topics in 20 volumes, one cannot find such a comprehensive compilation of hadith in the last few centuries.
مُخْتَصَرُ الْمِنْهَاجِ السَّوِيّ مِنَ الْحَدِيْثِ النَّبَوِيّ , which was compiled under the rules and methods as set down by Imam Nawawi in Riyadh al Saliheen and by Imam Tabrizi in al Mishkat al Masabih, has already been critically acclaimed in the circles of knowledge across the Islamic world.
Similarly هِدَايَةُ الْأُمَّة عَلٰی مِنْهَاجِ الْقُرْآن وَالسُّنَّة is a compilation of almost 2500 hadith in 2 volumes. Its edge factor is the fact that it has corresponding Quranic ayats and Prophetic sayings, followed by relevant quotes, sayings and practices of the blessed companions and tabieen, followed by the quotes and rulings of the early imams and salaf as saliheen. This makes it a valuable resource of knowledge.
اَلْعَطَا فِي مَعْرِفَةِ الْمُصْطَفٰی is a compilation of almost 5000 hadiths on the virtues, merits and miracles of Prophet Muhammad which is under the process of publication.
مَکَانَةُ الرِّسَالَة وَالسُّنَّة which is written in Arabic in 2 volumes, follows the methodology of Qazi Iyad, is a marvelous addition to the reserves of Islamic knowledge.
Shaykh ul Islam has also composed a 12 volume biography of Prophet Muhammad in Urdu, making it the biggest book on biography in the Urdu language. Apart from the above mentioned works, Shaykh ul Islam’s books on religion and faith, creed, spirituality and mysticism, economics and politics, science and current topics are also being translated into various languages.
In 2010, Shaykh ul Islam Dr. Muhammad Tahir ul Qadri issued a 600 page religious edict against Extremism and Terrorism, it contained a detailed explanation of the phenomenon of extremism and terrorism with both current and historical perspective. The Fatwa against terror received global acclaim. It has been completely translated into English and Arabic and is being translated into other languages.
Shaykh-ul-Islam Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri is the founding leader of Minhaj-ul-Qur’an International (MQI), an organization with branches and centers in almost 100 countries around the globe, working for the promotion of peace and harmony between communities and the revival of spiritual endeavor based on the true teachings of Islam. In recognition for his services to promote integration, peace and harmony, Shaykh ul Islam Dr.Muhammad Tahir ul Qadri has been honored with the title “Ambassador of Peace”.
Shaykh ul Islam Dr Muhammad Tahir ul Qadri has laid down the foundation network of a public education scheme, which is the biggest non-governmental education scheme of its nature. Under this scheme a chartered University (Minhaj University Lahore) and hundreds of schools across Pakistan have been established so far. In the recent past, one cannot find any example of a single individual, who has in such a limited amount of time, with limited resources, through his vision, wisdom and physical endeavor carried out such a gargantuan task. Without any doubt Shaykh ul Islam Dr. Muhammad Tahir ul Qadri, is not an individual, he is a beacon of hope for Islam and Muslims for ages to come.
A video summary of some of the research published which mentions Shaykh ul Islam Dr Muhammad Tahir ul Qadri:
Team Operation Pakistan